Sunday, June 12, 2011

Getting to the Point

Oh hey. I guess I have a blog. Sweet.

So, after a few suggestions (some more serious than others) that I post my poetry, I decided the best idea would be to create a blog. Seems easy enough, and it gives me a venue to post some of my favorite poems. But, this blog is also a challenge. I've always loved writing, especially poetry, but I have a tendency to let my writing fall by the wayside when other things come along. By starting this blog, I'm making a promise not to let that happen. My goal is to have at least one new poem a week posted to this blog, and hopefully I'll be able to make good on that goal. But for now, here's some poetry to get started. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome. I don't really believe in final drafts of poems, and I love getting feedback.

Each poem will have the original date written and the date of the most recent draft.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment